Monday, May 22, 2006

BookExpo America was "Off the Hook": Hanging with U.S. Senator Barack Obama


I just got back from BookExpo America in Washington, DC and it was "off the hook". I did a book signing (photo at right) on Friday, May 19th for A Wealth of Family: An Adopted Son's International Quest for Heritage, Reunion and Enrichment.

There was Blogosphere Coverage of two of the greatest Kenyan-American authors: U.S. Senator Barack Obama (below in photo, on left) and Thomas Brooks (on right). Senator Obama is launching a new book in October 2006 called The Audacity of Hope. It was great to meet him this past weekend. My friends joked that we looked so much alike, the security detail followed me after I parted company with Senator Obama. In truth, he looked "Presidential" while I looked like a "neophyte author".



Among the big news items at the show was that the Amazon Upgrade program (announced in 2005) has gone live. For details: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=97664&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=778248&highlight

Thomas Brooks — Author, A Wealth of Family [ISBN 0977462935]
Get Autographed Copies: www.AlphaMultimedia.com/Family.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home